The purpose of this page is to provide important information to the umpires of WSLL. Please visit this page frequently to get the latest WSLL updates.
Umpire Field Mechanics
In prep for the Post Season Tournament and the upcoming District 9 All Stars tournamnet below are refer material to review for base mechanics.
- Dirty Dozen - Bad Habits for Umpires: PDF
- 3 man mechanic w/o picture on 60' field: PDF
- 4 man mechanic w/ pictures on 60' field: PDF
- Helpful Hints for the 60 foot - 4-Umpire System: PDF
- 2 man mechanic cheat sheet on a 60' field: PDF
For those interested in the 90 foot mechanics:
Useful Umpire Information
Little League Baseball Offers some valuable resources for umpires. check it out!!
- LL Umpire Resource Center (You will need to set up an User ID (email address) and Password to access this site - Well worth it)
- Umpire Fairball Newsletter
- Umpire Registry
Pre-game Equipment Checklist - This is a guide that you might use as part of your pregame equipment check (NOTE: this PDF dates back to 2009 so some info such as chest protector is outdated with the new rule.)
2012 Umpire Guide (OK Out of dated will get update soon)
2014 Volunteer Form (PDF)
2014 Umpire Fees (MS EXEL)
2014 Federal W4 (PDF)
2014 Youth Umpire Invoice (MS WORD)
The Powerpoint slides and handout for the 2012 WSLL umpire training sessions can be viewed or downloaded click at the link below.
Below are several useful links for umpires:
- Umpiring at the District/State/Region/World Series Levels
Find at the link below a PDF file that provides some information on requirements and process for umpiring at higher levels within LL. This was provided by the D9 UiC to answer some of the questions received and clear up some of the misperceptions of how to apply and participate in the higher levels of umpiring. If your questions are not answered reach out to any of the WS Veteran Umpires and they will be happy to help. You can also reach out to the D9 Umpire staff as well at the D9 Umpire link below under “Chief Umpires.”
Some of you may not have heard but District 9 has two of our own selected for the 2014 World Series at different levels:
Russ Tudor – Junior League World Series / Gary Allmond – Intermediate World Series
CONGRAULATEION RUSS AND GARY!